Monday, February 28, 2011

More 'Musements...

I posted too soon - 

I have been in a funk for a week but mid afternoon today the skies cleared (mind you, it's thanks to the nasty vicious wind blowing off the lake!), the sun came out and my sewing room was bathed with the most beautiful light... 

and I was inspired


so I ruched a muslin flower this time and parked it on here... notice how only the edges are where the ruching is, the centre part is just gathered... I'll post a tutorial on this one later this week, if you're interested...


another torn-edge crazy-quilted heart, all in lovely neutrals...


I think I'll call this one finished as far as the front goes and let the flower make the statement...

I'm happy now

12 comments:

Becca said...

Looks like it's going to be another beautiful piece! I would love to see a tutorial on how you made the muslin flower. :-) Hope you're out of your funk. This week is going to be kind of rough at work...I'm already looking forward to the weekend.

Barbara Jean said...

It's just lovely.

Blessings
barbara jean

Laura said...

I wish I had your view... I'm glad you're happy now though!!

marie said...

This is so pretty ~ I'd really like to see a tutorial for the flower! The torn edges add so much to this piece. It's going to be lovely when it's complete! Actually it's lovely now!

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne

OHH it is a lovely piece, and the flower so fantastic..yes please do a tutorial on how to make it- that would be so sweet of you.
I love your stitching, and the raw edges, too.
Have a nice day, friend.
Hugs,Dorthe

FlowerLady said...

Another lovely creation as usual. I always love seeing what you are up to.

FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

I too look forward to the tutorial. I am anxious to try your tearing and stitching but since I don't like UFO's, I'll need to complete the resurrected monster first.
Thanks again for sharing such beautifull and inspiring projects. Glad the sun is shinging in your world - it's a good thing!!

Suztats said...

Gorgeous flower! I'd love the tute. This will be beautiful.

Diane said...

Jillayne, this is just beautiful. The ruched flower is so elegant and the white-on-white compliments it so much!
Hugs, Diane

MosaicMagpie said...

Love the heart, dear friend. The flower is lovely and I would love to see a tutorial on making it!
Deb

Tina Eudora said...

I love your gorgeous heart Jillayne, boy when you cheer up you really cheer up and get going!
I too am fed up with the snow and cold. Spring just has to be close before I lose my tiny mind....
Have a great evening and think "SPRING"!
Tina xo

Lucille said...

The heart is beautiful. I would love to learn how to make the flower.