Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday's 'Musement - A Reckoning

Well.
(insert heavy sigh here)

Yes, I know - today is Tuesday. I started this on Monday if that counts..


We got new wool roving in at work and I wanted to play with my felting tools. I have done next to no needle felting but I love the look of it (and the doing of it ain't bad either, especially if you're cranky!)

I have absolutely no idea what this will be but at this point it's three 3" squares, two with needle felted wool hearts and one with a mother of pearl star button, all joined together with pretty stitching. I had visions of muslin ruffles and embroidered lazy daisies but those visions are still just dancing around in my head.

I am on day 8 of a working 12 days in a row stretch.
How can that be when all I have is a jobette? Well, yes, I have two jobettes now, but still???

As one boss says, "Life gets in the way" and she is right. But as it's a good life I'm not complaining, just explaining.

When I started this I had visions of making it in to something that could be a blog banner but halfway through I decided it wasn't suitable for I wanted. As I have no idea what it might be suitable for, it will likely land on my pile of unfinished items  - you know, the ones awaiting a brainwave... big pile, little brain?


I'm struggling tonight - what I really want to write about is needle felting and hearts and soothing colours but January keeps coming to mind. It was a tough month. It was supposed to be my fun month, relaxing and doing things I enjoy, getting on track for all my New Year's Inspirations and instead it was a month with way too much working.

But the month is up and it's time for the reckoning...

18 / 31 days of Yoga Everyday
Fabric in - 1.9 metres
Fabric out - 2.8 metres
1 letter written
10 projects finished
7 projects started 

I made progress everywhere, maybe not as much as I would have liked, but I have gone forward and not backward. And... 4 of the 7 projects started were finished so that makes the "real" finished total 14. 

I feel good. 

Content.

And February is a new month, and a new beginning.

7 comments:

Createology said...

Hi Jillayne: I like your post today. It is reality and refreshing. Your list of accomplishments is impressive. Love your little felted hearts and tryptic. Happy February...

The French Bear said...

Excellent!!! Love needle felting, haven't done it for awhile.....it does relieve stress. You have accomplished so much, wow, I am proud of you!!!
Take it easy on yourself...it's February, the month of loving, yourself and others!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xx

Diane said...

Jillayne, I haven't tried needle felting yet. Like I need another craft? LOL! I was making rosettes yesterday and the day before until my sore fingers gave out. One of those winter splits right on the top of my right-hand thumb! Ouch! So...something less demanding today. At least the paint brushes don't require pressure.

Anyway...I get what you mean about wanting to make something and then not knowing what to do with it! Inspiration will strike eventually!

Hugs, Diane
PS: We're iced in! We didn't get the predicted snow.

Marj Talbot said...

ONE DAY SOON THIS LITTLE NUMBER WILL FINE IT'S HOME. IT'S VERY NICE - YOUR STITCHING IS SO GOOD - WISH I COULD DO IT THAT EVEN. IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE 4 STARTS AND 1 FINISHED AND ANOTHER BOOK IN. LIFE IS INTERESTING AND CHALLENGING - THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO AND LITTLE TIME TO DO IT IN.
I LOOK FORWARD TO ALL YOUR BLOG POSTS - FULL OF INSPIRATION.

Michelle May said...

February is a new month and....tomorrow is the Year of The Rabbit so all will be well and you will get all the inspiration you need and time to let it all roll out.
By the way, this piece is beautiful just as it is! Like totally loving it!! Sometimes simple is good and overthought is just..well, overthought.
xx, shell

Dorthe said...

Hi my dear,
this little beautifull thing- looks almost finished in my eyes-could be as is- or be the header on a low color collage! it is beautifully made Jillayne.
Big hug-
Dorthe

Becca said...

Yea! You're are needle felting! I got in to that this year too, and have really enjoyed it. I love working with the wool roving. Oo be careful if you are cranky and working with that needle, ouch! :-0 I like the 3 piece that you made, I'm sure you will use it for something nice. I'm always making something that I don't know what to do with! Oh well, it's the process I enjoy. Have a great weekend my friend!