Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Funday

Oh I've had a good day!
It's a wonderful thing to be able to say that, to have had one in which I have so thoroughly enjoyed myself. 
Some days, when I'm making things it is such a struggle. I feel... well, almost like I've side-stepped the universe in a way. Everything is just slightly - off, not quite connected. My mom used to say I was out of sorts when I felt like that. 
Those days are not the best days for creating.

Today was a good day though. 
I am making gifts for our exchange at work; we're doing it after Christmas as we make the gifts, and beforehand we're just all too busy. 
The sun is shining (which always seems to help!) and everything is coming together just as I had envisioned. That's the universe's gift to me.

Here's a sneak peek of the bags...


very simple


linen


cotton


threads


buttons

I still have to figure out the tie, but otherwise they are ready - next to make are what will go in them...


I have also sorted out my Mondays - I knew if I waited long enough the right plan would come to mind. I have to be patient with my head sometimes...ideas come as they choose...

I'm calling it "Monday's 'Musements"
It started with wanting alliteration but every "m" word I thought of didn't seem quite right; too cute, too lofty, too egotistical-ish, too vague, until I started feeling like Goldilocks.
 So, I decided if you said "Amusements" really fast it would sound almost right. Then I decided to drop the "A" and add an apostrophe. That led me to looking up the dictionary definition of "muse" to see if there could be added layers of meaning, which there definitely is. I read all about Zeus' daughters the 9 Muses, artist's muses and musing in general. All of which made me decide this was the right choice. Never mind the "amusement" meaning! (Sometimes I tend to over think things a wee bit...)

Anyhow, Monday's 'Musements it is.

Now for content. (No, this didn't take anywhere near the time or thought to figure out!)

It can be about quilting, stitching, crafting, cooking, painting, writing, photography - whatever I want as long as it's creative. Sometimes I might do the post in a tutorial format, other times it will be just to show what I tried. 
The idea is to try things I haven't done, techniques and projects that inspire me and stretch me and lead me to new ideas.

I'm really excited to begin!

12 comments:

The French Bear said...

Now that sounds great! I am glad you had a productive day, your bags are lovely. The heart in the middle is really a nice touch. We are still having a bit of snow....it came down all weekend, but I just hunkered down and kept crafting.....trying to sculpt some dolls....
Can't wait to see what you have for tomorrow!!!
Hugs
Margaret B

Becca said...

I love the little bags, so simple yet beautiful. I sometimes get so worked up with "trying" to make something that is perfect and "involved" but then I discover it's always the simple projects that catches my eye! Enjoy your sunshine. I sat outside for a bit with the sun in my face...it felt so good. Have a great week Jillayne!

Michelle May said...

And to think I use to hate Monday's. Now I can't wait for them!! Yippeee!!! Looking forward to seeing where your "muse" takes you girlfriend! Fun! Fun! Fun!

xx, shell
p.s. lov'in those bags!

Robin said...

Your bags are absolutely beautiful...sometimes simple is just the best!

Hugs,
Robin

MosaicMagpie said...

Great looking bags and they will be thrilled to receive them. I am looking forward to tomorrow's 'musement!
Deb

oldgreymare said...

Muse away. Mondays are mindful of miscreants, and must be miraculously melded into meaningful movements not muddled mud puddles. lol

makes no sense but fun anyway : D

xx
z

Marj Talbot said...

Truly beautifull bags. You can never have too many right?
I look forward to your new Monday's and continued inspiration.

Diane Kelsey said...

Nothing quite like the feeling after a truly productive (and creative) day! Looking forward to following your Monday blog.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Just love days like those! And the bags are simply adorable! Lovely! Looking forward to your new Monday 'Musement feature. Sounds like fun!

Wendy said...

Your little bags are beautiful, you don't need to put anything in them - they're a gorgeous present in themselves. I'm looking forward to Monday Musements

Diane said...

The bags are wonderful, Jillayn! The people to receive them are lucky indeed!
And your Monday's 'Musements...great title. And that reminds me that I totally forgot about Inchie Mondays!
Hopefully, I can come up with something quick and post last week's also later...
Time to throw myself together...!
Hugs,
Diane

Alisa said...

Love the hearts on the bags and I really love the name you chose for your Monday posts (and the thought process!).