Friday, December 10, 2010

Under the Influence

Sometimes the best things happen on the spur of the moment...
I was sitting at the table after dinner looking at some blogs but thinking I would rather be sewing. So I sauntered upstairs to see what I could get into...

A stray fabric rose, up-ended in the far corner, not far from that, an almost forgotten vintage key; bits and pieces meant to adorn something but lost in the shuffle of busy days past...


I rummaged for some likely looking lace, the ragged edges led me on to this...


torn strips of muslin, woven over and under, a simple small stocking shape with French Knots to secure things... the makings of something tattered and torn... old and new...

ideas for the cuff laid nearby,


Easily distracted these days, I saw the little beaded snowflake from yesterday; a few more stitches quickly added but still waiting for the finishing...


an untidy jumble of inspiration all around me... a mild urge to clean up came upon me but I quickly overcame it...


perhaps this helped...


or perhaps having this close by, memories of creative beginnings urging me on...


'member when you were so excited to tell someone special something so wonderful, and you were in such a rush, that all you could get out was "'member", instead of "Remember"?

That was me tonight, thinking of you, and having such fun... being so inspired and joyful in a moment that I grabbed the camera, took a few pictures and came down here to sit in the dark and pray that they turned out, so you could see what was exciting me.

And they did - better than I hoped, and with almost no photo editing at all!

8 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Your blog and one or two others inspired me to do my last piece. I had not attempted something like it before, and totally enjoyed myself.

You do such lovely, sweet work.

FlowerLady

Marj Talbot said...

Many mornings we wake early to begin another beautifull day.
What a nice start to the day to read your blog. It inspires me to dig into something creative while waiting for the coffee to brew.

Diane said...

Jillayne, you've had me smiling already this morning. Both with your comments AND the empty glass...LOL!
What a cool idea to weave the torn muslin!! Think of the embellishment possibilities in the centers! Uh-oh! Do I see more woven stockings in the future?
Have a nice weekend, girlfriend!
Hugs,
Diane

MosaicMagpie said...

I am not sure where to begin my comments on this post. First I am glad you resisted the urge to clean up! Second the photos on this post are gorgeous. Third I love the wine glass with the bees on it. The strip woven stocking is too cute and such a great idea. I can't wait to see the stitched snowflake mounted into that lovely frame. You are a wealth of inspiration here!
Debbie

Dorthe said...

Dear Jillayne, a wonderfull post-love your photoes, -love the stocking ,so beautifull, simple, and wonderfull-and the startet projects are all things, I will wait to see finished, as I`m sure they will look just gorgeus.-
Loved seing your glss of wine,too :)
Hugs, Dorthe

oldgreymare said...

You're having way too much fun- lucky you.

You can feel your excitement and it is wonderful.

merry merry to you!


....course ya don't need the merry wishes what with the wine and all..just sayin' : 0

xxx
z

time worn interiors said...

I know what you mean about all the inspiration out there in blog land! And boy, my studio really needs a good clean up, but....i just put my computer in here! Why clean when you can look at blogs!! lol!
Theresa
aka:tot

Becca said...

You're so funny Jillayne. I love your creative mess and the empty glass of wine...right up my ally!