Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gone and Done It!

Well, I did it.
I am now the proprietor of my very own brand new Etsy Shop, A Fine Seam.
I have been hounded and harassed by well meaning friends and family and now I have finally gone ahead and taken the plunge...

And here's the first item up for grabs,


and the second,


third,


fourth and final!


I am dipping in my big toe and testing the waters. I am great for starting things (I love beginnings), but once I have something figured out I begin to look further; what more is there? It made me hesitant to do this but I think I am finally ready to try it out. I have no great hopes or aspirations, just a desire to be able to offer my wares to a larger audience. And a wish for a new sewing machine if I am to be entirely honest!

As far as the give away from yesterday's post, I want to tell you why I am doing it this way.
All I am asking for as an entry is for you to answer the query. The reason for that is that I just received a book of my blog. Yes, I took advantage of that great service and had the first year printed and bound and am completely delighted with the results. I was able to choose the pictures for both the front and back covers, the hard cover vs. soft cover, the format of the blog posts and the option of having your comments included. I am so delighted with the results and can't wait for this year to finish so I can have the next installment printed. 
One of my favourite aspects of the book is your comments; I love to know what you are thinking in response to what I have posted. So as we go into this holiday season, I would like to add your thoughts to mine; from my prompt, your pondering. What a wonderful thing to be able to look back on.
And in return, I am offering a small token of my creative spirit, in response to your thoughtful-ness.

I will be back tomorrow with the winner of the button tree ornament!

13 comments:

Createology said...

Congratulations Jillayne. Your shop will be a wonderful success as your pieces are true works of art. Happy selling...

Lucille said...

Congratulations Jill. I am so glad you opened your shop. You will be a great success.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Congratulations on your Grand Opening Jillayne! I am sure you will be a resounding success on Etsy, your work is exquisite and you will have your new sewing machine in no time. What a wonderful idea to have your blog made into a book; I love reading your posts, you are so eloquent and your thoughtful musings always strike a cord deep inside me somewhere. Congratulations on both your book and your new shop! Deb

Robin said...

Congrats on your new shop! Your work is gorgeous and I'm sure you will have great success. Have a great week.

Hugs,
Robin

Diane said...

Jillayne, I'm so happy to hear this! Your work is exquisite and I know people will want to purchase your creations. I also knew your sale would be a huge success!! I hope you are able to have some time to yourself now and do something just for you.
Congratulations and blessings on your new venture,
Diane

Suztats said...

Wonderful news, Jillayne, and I join everyone else in wishing you great success with your new adventure. Congratulations!

Tina Eudora said...

Beautiful work Jillayne and congratulations on the shop on Etsy! May you prosper and have fun doing it!
Tina xo

oldgreymare said...

Congratulations on your new Etsy shop and on the sale!

That is great news. Perhaps it is time to settle in and do something just for you for a bit? I try to do that after a big push and will be doing it soon as I finish up this client tomorrow.

Who did you select to do your book? I've been meaning to research that but have not had the time...

BTW I think the silk fusion looks extremely fun and interesting. : D

xxx

z

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Congrats on your new shop Jillayne. I´m sure it´ll do great. Definately going to keep an eye on it.
Wishing you a lovely day.
xo Tina

Debora said...

Congrats on your Etsy store, Jillayne! I made it a favorite right away. I love the hearts you're offering. Crazy quilting is so lovely, and you create beautiful renditions of it in various color schemes.

MosaicMagpie said...

I love the items in your shop. I need to do this as well. I have a shop but have never put anything in it. Congratulations on taking the plunge!
Debbie

Michelle May said...

Congratulations! I know you will do great!
xx, shell

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

I'm sure you'll do great on etsy...your hearts are just gorgeous!