Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Turn to Rave!

Now that all the Swap parcels are arriving and others are posting about their "loot" I am finished feeling guilty and am ready to show mine off!

This first one is made by Michele of Nook Cranny. It's just the cutest thing, all layered and pretty colours. Music sheets, a shiny bow and candy ornament all dress up a little Christmas toy. It reminds of Christmas as a child Michele, and makes me smile every time I look at it! 


And next was a piece by Appleshoe. She made each square a different bird, with needle felting and bead work and they were all amazing. I was lucky enough to get the Blue Jay - I was 21 years old before I saw my first Blue Jay so this is a very special square for me Appleshoe!


Genevieve of gmglimmerglass made the piece below. I literally gasped when these were opened on Swap-Night; I had never seen a real life layered collage before, (I know, a sheltered life...) so this was a real eye-opener. Wowsers. This piece is as beautifully finished on the back as it is on the front. Genevieve, you have set a very high bar for future reference.


And Diane of Diane Knott's Musings can hit it out of the park every time she takes up a needle, paint brush or glue bottle. Honestly Diane, you just amaze me every time. I'm ashamed to admit how much I wanted this one; I had a coat just like this when I was little and I know all about Brr... I knew the likelihood of getting this was slim and someone was actually allocated it before me but they already had one of Diane's pieces. And as you could only get one from a participant, it had to go back to the pool. My daughter (the official photographer) tells me I screeched when it was drawn for me... It's beautiful Diane.


And last of all, the one that really takes me back to what Christmas is for me. Music and children, cheery colours and a "Merry Christmas"! Marie at Spun By Me made this and it is simply charming in it's joyful simplicity. The children's faces make me think of Christmases past, the early memories, when I first discovered the Carols. You couldn't have created a better picture of a Christmas moment Marie.


Each and every one of all the Swap pieces showed me something different; I could have kept them for a month but somehow I knew that wouldn't go over too well! You are one heck of a talented bunch and I am honoured to have been in your company. This was my first Swap, both to host and to participate in and it has been a terrific experience. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

And on another happy note, I won the French Friday giveaway at A Little Bit French a few weeks back and my book arrived today.
Here's the little package all wrapped up so sweetly by Rhonda,


And here's the little book - just the right size to tuck into my little purse!


If you haven't been to Rhonda's blog before you should definitely check it out. She is in love with all things French and has a real flair for French styling.

Thank you everyone!


8 comments:

Dorthe said...

Jillayne, you recieved so beautifull pieces, and I can only agree with you,-everyone in this swap, are so very talented,and made wonderfull art-pieces.
Congratulations for winning Rhonda`s book- she makes the most adorable things-and is such a sweet woman.
Hugs to you,dear.
Dorthe

Diane said...

Good Morning Jillayne! I'm catching up after the problems created by a supposed "upgrade" download from Microsoft. What it actually did was reduce my file-sending abilities. Some UPgrade!

I agree with you 100%! This swap was amazing fun and I know that all of us that participated were just thrilled to join in and be part of such a talented group! My "wins" are tucked inside the lovely pouch you made for us and are going to be joined together to display during the holidays!
I'll be taking a pic of it!

Thank you for all of the hard work you put into this once again!

Hugs, Diane

Suztats said...

You certainly received beautiful squares, Jillayne, and I'm so happy you received that one square you hankered after! It's such fun to see what all the participants are receiving.
Many thanks for all your hard work making this swap so much fun! I think everyone enjoyed participating.I know I did! Thanks again, too, for your generosity, and your lovely gifts. Hugs

Nook Cranny Gifts said...

Jillayne,
You have such great squares. I love each and everyone of them. I wanted to thank you again for all of your efforts, and the beautiful gifts.
Michele

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Wow! What beautiful works of art. I can only imagine how gorgeous they all are in person. Your temptation to keep them a little longer is definitely evident! :o) Congrats on your winnings, too.

WW said...

What great talent and beautiful pieces.

marie said...

Hi Jillayne!
I arrived home from vacation yesterday to find my wonderful package full of beautiful swap squares. I love them all and will post them for all to see soon.
I'm so glad that you received one that I made and that you like it. Your other pieces are so beautiful!! Thank you so much for hosting such a special swap. It was such great fun!

Michelle May said...

Oh my gosh! You scored with all those beautiful pieces of art! How fun is this!!!
xx, shell