Monday, October 11, 2010

Got It!

Marie sent me a few small packets containing some beautiful little treasures she had made and I have tried a few times to take pictures of them, to no avail.
The packets were clear bags with lovely card stock toppers; she had cut the papers to size, stapled them to the bags and then hole-punched them so they could be hung - so pretty!
But every single picture I took made the bags shiny and you couldn't see through the glare to the pretties inside - so...


I took a picture of the top half, leaving out as much of the bags as possible and then opened them...


You really must click on the picture to see them close-up; beautiful little tags and ornaments. Thank you Marie!

I have 6 Swap parcels ready to go and am finishing up the last little things to tuck into the other 5; tomorrow is mailing day!

Today I also spent even more time sorting through my messy sewing room. Honestly, I could hardly walk into it without stepping on something. I tend to be a stacker: each pile containing whatever I need for that project, which works really well unless you have twenty or so projects being worked on concurrently and you have a tiny room!

So I got busy and finished a few things, put some others away that will have to wait until after the New Year and arranged the others in working order, all the while promising myself I won't do it again. 

Yeah right!


7 comments:

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jillayne,
These tags and ornaments are just adorable. So much detail in each.
I know just what you mean about piles of projects in your studio. I do the same thing, and have elements for creations I am working on all over. There are days, I just have to stop and clean out and get organized again. I guess it is all part of the creating process.
Love your sweet little snowman decoration several posts ago. It is the cutest little treasure.

Happy Thanksgiving to you also. May your blessings be many.
Have a great week and always fun creating.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Suztats said...

What wonderful tags Marie made for you!
I got tired of piles of stuff falling over and disappearing, so I started putting my project supplies into small stackable totes. It keeps my small room tidier, but sometimes I'm tote-hopping looking for that item I know I have....somewhere.....lol

marie said...

I'm so glad that you liked the little goodies I sent along! What a good idea to photograph just the tops of the bags ~ it's definitely impossible to take a good picture of them!

How nice that you got to work on your sewing room ~ it's nice to start fresh every now and then.

Your last post was lovely ~ from the pretty framed "give thanks" to the beautiful words you shared. I hope the changes in your love are exactly what you're hoping for!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

so pretty!

Dorthe said...

Oh Jillayne, dear Marie, made you the most sweet,little thankyou`s,-the glove is so dear.
Now -sweet you have done a very big work, here, for all of us, I`m so admirering you,for making this wonderfull swap,and I can`t wait,to see my swap-pieces arrive-
please remember to send me the costs bill, when having mailed my packet, Jillayne.
I`m so looking forward to this,dear.
Hugs, and a lovely day to you,
Dorthe

Diane said...

Jillayne, Marie is a very talented lady! Her gifts to you are sure an example of that. And...she's a sweetheart too!

I'm chuckling about your piles of projects. I think we all hear you! LOL! Someday we'll have to have a swap of unfinished work. I did a swap like this with Miss Sandy from Quill Cottage and it was loads of fun! And it's one way to finish something we've either gotten tired of or just don't like the way it's turning out.

Have a nice day, girlfriend!
Diane

Becca said...

Hi Jillanye, such lovelies! I clicked on them to see up close. Enjoy your day!