Sunday, October 10, 2010

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

It's a different Thanksgiving this year,


We're at home, for the first time in several years, and we are two. No kids, no family, just us two... and it is just fine. You see, we started that way.
Just us.
And it's easier to be thankful when you're quiet. 
Reflecting on happy times and family celebrations, cherished friends and pets; simple joys, enchanted moments.
I am always most thankful for ordinary days; the kind of days when you don't have to think of how lucky you are - blissful in momentary ignorance. Those are the best.

One thing I am especially thankful for this year is this blog of mine and all of you that I have met through it. It has changed me; I am more hopeful, confident, comfortable. It has helped me achieve a clarity in thought and understanding that had eluded me for so many years, but now seems so simple.
I am making changes I would never have had the courage to do and it is through both reading your blogs and the comments left for me here by my own readers that I have figured out a thing or two about a thing or two.

So thanks be to you.

And thanks also be to Genevieve of GM Glimmerglass who sent me this:


and these,


Genevieve is a graphic artist, among other talents and she participated in the Swap I just hosted - these cards were a thank you gift to me!

I have one more thank you from the Swap and yet again have difficulty with the picture!
Marie, I promise I will get it right tomorrow!

 And a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

We also had a quite Thanksgiving but we enjoyed it as you did. Thank you also Jill for your inspirational Blog. It has been a pleasure also to get to know you and I look forward to reading what you will come up with next.
I have this little poem my grandmother gave me and I have on my wall, which reminds me of her when I read it.
QUILTERS BLESSING
May your needle always be threaded.
May your thread be free from knots,
May your markings be dark enough to see,
but not too dark to mar the loveliness
....and until we meet again, may your
stitches always be even.

hugs
maggie

Dorthe said...

Jillayne,

happy thanks giving to,you,-we dont do it here, but so many things to be thankfull for,thats true ,dear,-and every morning I say thankyou,too.
love the beautifull gift you recieved .
Happy monday, Jillayne.
Dorthe

Diane said...

Jillayne, I had no idea Canada celebrated Thanksgiving in October. I just learned something. So a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your hubby and your family.

You are so right about blogging. And having a computer! I've been online now for about 10-11 years and it DOES change one's life! I'd say in my case, all for the better! Except when it crashes and I want to throw it down the cellar stairs! LOL!

Hugs! Diane

Tina Eudora said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Jillayne and may the year ahead be filled with excitement and fun, new creative discoveries and wonderful moments to share with family and friends!
Tina xo

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Jillayne! You are so right, it is the little things, the quiet things, that make our lives complete. Unfortunately they are also the things which are so often lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. So today is a very good day to stop and be quiet and be thankful.
I also wanted to tell you that I have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award, visit my blog to accept if you are interested:
http://paxtonvalleyfolkart.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award-continuing-fun.html
It's actually a fun way to support other bloggers and to get to know each other a little better so I hope that you will have the time to participate.
Thanks for your wonderful, inspiring blog and I wish you and yours many of those quiet,ordinary, extra-ordinary days!
Deb