Sunday, September 5, 2010

Off The List!

I got one thing crossed off my To Do List - the crazy quilted stocking is done!


This is a sample for my beginner Crazy Quilting class so I had to keep the embellishing pretty simple...
Above is a Knotted Ribbon Chrysanthemum, adding fluff to the cuff...


Tiny buttons form a simple flower - I used coloured embroidery thread to sew them on - looks pretty in the close-up (just click on photo).


A tiny cherub pin gifted to me by my friend Carol when I was up in Whitehorse...


A gold filigree heart charm with a silk ribbon bow; the ends are tacked down with beads.


The hanging loop was formed by braiding together two thin strands of twisted cord with one of very fine ribbon - again, the close-up will show that better...


And the sum of it's parts!

Not the best picture but all I could manage for today.

Time for my glass of wine and sitting out by the fire! Maybe I can take a better picture after the wine? 
Points to ponder.....

16 comments:

Becca said...

I'm not usually a "pretty pink" kind of gal, but this is beautiful and I would be proud to hang! I think it must be the combination of the pink with the tan makes it look vintage/distressed. What is the green stitch called, I like that one! Enjoy your glass of wine by the fire, we're meeting friends for sushi. I'm glad you're back...I've missed chatting with you! One more day of freedom, so I'll probably do some crafting!
Blessings...

Becca said...

Oops, I'd better clarify, not the green feather stitch, but the other one in the second photo.

FlowerLady said...

What a lovely creation! I love the colors and embellishments.

FlowerLady

Createology said...

This is beautiful and soft and very victorian. Your crazy quilting and embroidery is wonderful. Happy creating...

Lucille said...

Beautiful. I am looking forward to the class.

Dorthe said...

Jillayne,
such a wonderfull and pritty job, the stocking is sooooooo beautifull-your work is gorgeus, and I love all the little sweet embellishments.
Everyone will be happy to try out doing this .
Hugs, Dorthe

Diane said...

Jillayne, it turned out beautifully!
I'm such a fan of the colors you choose....
ah...here comes the sun over the horizon and the scent of coffee from the kitchen!
Hope you have a great day! Still not sure what I'll do, paint or sew or cram both in.
Happy sewing, my friend!
Dian

Karen said...

Beautiful!

MosaicMagpie said...

I love the seam treatments.Thank you for sharing this with us.
Debbie

Karen said...

These are breathtaking pieces! Very nicely done with such beautiful colors. Way to go!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

this is beautiful! i don't think i have the patience and skill to make something like this, so i really appreciate it!

marie said...

The stocking is beautiful....the colors are so pretty! I love the braided hanging loop and the knotted mum. The button flower is my favorite embellishment!

Crazy quilting has always intrigued me...I'm not much of a hand sewer but this really looks like something I would love to do. You and Diane Knott have inspired me to give crazy quilting a try!
I may have to pick your brain (and Diane's) for tips along the way!

Maggie said...

What a beautiful stocking...you do such nice handwork....I should do more myself......looking forward to your classes
hugs
maggie

Appleshoe said...

So lovely. One day I might just have to go and finish my crazy quilt. Take care.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

What a pretty and romantic Christmas stocking! Love the frabic choices... so pretty!
Have a great weekend!
~ Jo :)

Tess said...

What a lovely stocking you've created. I love all of the extra little details you've given it.