Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life's Little Disappointments

Today I am a wee bit sad. A wee bit depressed.
Feeling sorry for myself.
So many blogs have been posting about the latest issue of Where Women Create Magazine.
My favourite.


The kind of magazine you count down the days to, beat a path to the local newsstand for, anxiously scanning the rack each day, waiting, waiting...
To no avail!
Apparently there is some sort of strike in Eastern Canada and ALL of the latest issues of various Stampington/Somerset magazines are held up behind it, with no end in sight.
I should be happily curled up in a chair, glass of wine in hand, being inspired at each turn of the page and instead I am wondering how long I should wait before trying to order one from the good ol' USA. I am a big believer of shopping local, but this is Where Women Create after all.

The dilemmas we face...
To wait, or not to wait - now that is the real question!


7 comments:

Becca said...

I have the day off Monday, and I will get a copy in the mail to you then! It's the least I can do for my quilting teacher. LOL Funny, as I am checking my email, and reading a few blogs, that is the magazine at my bedside I've chosen to read tonight.

sewingseeds4U said...

It's the little things in life that mean the most. I have yet to run and get my copy...thanks for the reminder. I see yours will be in the mail soon. Have a wonderful weekend, Patty

Diane said...

I hear you, Jillayne! Every once in awhile when the township grades our dirt road and they close it for the day, our mail person doesn't come up the hill to deliver it and it really bugs us to not get our mail, even for just ONE day! Funny how we enjoy going out to the mailbox. It's like Christmas when something special is inside!
Hugs, Diane

Pat Winter said...

I see you already have an offer to mail you an issue. I haven't been to the bookstore to get mine yet and was going to pick one up for you as well. Women cannot be without their favorite magazines! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I added you to my sidebar under quilters :-)
Smiles,Pat

Kelly Lish said...

I would feel the same way! I'm sorry about this-I hope you get it soon
xo

Createology said...

How sweet that Becca is sending you one right away. You won't need to be sad for long. I must get a copy of this also. Thank you for reminding me.

Michelle May said...

Oh man! I totally feel guilty now as I just got mine today and I'm getting ready to sit down and read it with my glass of wine!!!!
Order the darn thing from the USA. It's a fabulous issue!
Cheers! ;)