Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bloggers Are Creating!


So here we go!

A few thank yous are definitely in order: first of all, to Diane Knott and to Thespa for both blogging about my proposed Swap - if it hadn't been for them I don't believe it would have happened; I am beyond grateful!

Here are the participants:

Diane Knott of Diane Knott's Musings


Susan of Suztats

Dorthe of Den Lille Lade



Tina Marie of Patina Marie




Genevieve of GM Glitterglass

Elizabeth of Elizabeth Creates


Marie of Spun By Me

Lucille - Lucille has not yet started a blog; she is a quilter, fibre and embellishment artist extraordinaire (and is also quite likely to be annoyed with me for saying so!)

Me!

I am thrilled and honoured that you would all participate in this swap; I have been to all the blogs and can attest to the outstanding work that each participant will contribute.

Ladies, I think we're in for a real treat!

And so, to reiterate:

All artworks will be 5" square

You'll send 5 pieces in for the swap and will receive 5 pieces in exchange

You may use any medium or media you wish, or a combination - it's all up to you!

Please try to have them to me by September 6 (If you post them from anywhere in the USA by Sept 1 they should be here around then, give or take a day or two).

I will do the Swap and send parcels back to each of you within two days of the receipt of the last parcel, but will keep you up to date as they arrive.

I have been pondering the workings of the swap and will email all of you with a suggestion that I think will give a completely random result. I am always open to suggestions though so please feel free to voice your thoughts - it's our swap, not mine.

I am so thrilled!

Let the creating begin!!!


8 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Jillayne, your swap sounds interesting. I'm not sure what type of 5" square pieces you mean, so maybe I'd better just watch this time. I've never participated in one before. We are still in Seattle and heading home tomorrow. I've been so behind getting caught up on all of my favorite blogs! Have a great week!

Tina Eudora said...

Hey Jillayne I am still "fashing" this out in my mind and very excited about the whole process! I believe you said in a previous post that it should be Christmas/Winter themed? Which is great because I adore the winter. Oh and can we mix mediums? Have some in fabric and some on other surfaces? This is going to be so fun and I am so thrilled to be a part of it!
Tina xo

Suztats said...

Yay!! I am so looking forward to my first group swap! Kudos to Diane and Thespa for blogging it up.
Sorting through my stash, planning and dreaming up some ideas. This will be fun!
Now I'm off to check out all these marvelous blogs of the participants. Yay!!

Thespa McLaughlin said...

I've already started gathering the elements for my squares. Thanks for the fun, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Diane said...

Jillayne, I can promise EVERYONE who signed up that they will have an absolute BLAST with this project! You've given us a "limited" set of rules in a sense by saying it has to be a certain size and only winter or Christmas theme. But...limiting it actually inspires me MORE! I've already made TWO!!!! I couldn't wait to get going on this!

Question: Can we post our projects on our own blog as we create them or would you prefer that we wait? If you try to post all 5 of each of our projects, oh my...it will take you quite some time! Do you think if we post as we go along that our designs might inspire others now? What do you think?

You've assembled a WONDERFUL group of people for this! I think a couple of the participants I don't yet know so I'll have to go "meet" them!

Thank you for thinking up this project!!
Blessings,
Diane

Dorthe said...

Gillayne,
Oh Yes ,have started thinking, and will also soon make my 5 pieces, so they can reach you in time, from Denmark. Goin to be great,seeing the mix of 5 "chies.
Like Diane say there are also, some for me new,persons to go visiting.
I love being into your project, thankyou, dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Elise said...

You were so sweet to comment on my blog! What a fantastic blog you have! And a swap going on too! Have a wonderful time creating.
Love,
Elise

Alisa said...

Oh, y'all are going to have so much fun with this! I wish I didn't already have so many swaps going on, otherwise I would have loved to join too.