Thursday, June 17, 2010

Artful Words

Bonjour!

This is a quick and incomplete post - it may be Artful Thursday but it's also the eve of "Where Bloggers Create"!

Why, oh why, oh why, do I get myself into these scrapes? I will only say I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the work of stylists and photographers - and to be truthful it's the photographers who blow me away. I have to take 30 pictures to get one decent one so I know it's time I sign myself up for a course...

But, it is Artful Thursday and here we go... I bought this little box in a flower shop last year. I am a sucker for taupe, French, and words, and if it is all of the above, well... willpower and wallet go the way of the wind.


And of course, what ever can be done with wood and paint can be done with fabric and thread...


The hand stitching around all the letters is done - now it's borders and embellishments. I drew my own letters (while looking at the box of course!) because although I want this to be of my own hand, I have no imagination when it comes to lettering. And I would ask my husband, who is a genius at it, but then he gets all smug...


I buy these graph paper pads by the pound - very handy.


Because I like to do fusible applique for things like this I needed the letters reversed. There is  absolutely no way I can draw backwards so I taped these sheets up on the window with the lettered side facing out and traced them - and Presto! They were now backwards - easy as pie. You can get a copy shop to do it as well but more fun this way. Except for getting the tape off the windows...


 I wanted to use these letters in a table runner that would hearken back to the Inspiration Board of last Thursday but they were too big. So I did head off to the copy shop after all and got a reduction. Easy as pie again!

Stay tuned, same time, same place for the conclusion...

5 comments:

Diane said...

Jillayne, I love fusibles too! Great stuff!
You've got me curious about what you're up to here. ;-)
Diane

Petite Michelle Louise said...

well thanks for stopping in and leaving such a sweet comment on my last blog post. i am tickled to think that something i had to say madee you laugh. nicest compliment of all..to put a smile on someone's face. your blog is lovely....and you are a very talented seamstress/artist! nice to meet you! warm regards.
~*~michelle~*~

Debby said...

LOL..you are making me laugh today, I wonder why I always get myself in the same spot you are in at the moment. We must love being under pressure...hehehe...see you at the partee!!!
Debby

Susan said...

Well I love your blog, very nice. I am anxious to see where you "create" Susan

vanny said...

hi,
I have done some quilting and i was never able to be that organized--you do a lovely job of staying so organized. It is clear that you are truly a passionate creator--enjoy your space and keep sewing


vanessa
http://www.madstitches.blogspot.com/