Thursday, June 3, 2010

Artful Thursday - Constructive Construction

This week, my intention was the Inspiration Board. I found some clip boards in the office supply store and thought they would be perfect - especially as they come in several sizes - just right depending on the size of your intended project.

So I gathered some things... the multi-colour floral was my starting point and from that I chose many fabrics and then on to ribbons, buttons and embroidery threads. Oh yes, and charms and beads. I want to make a runner...

So here's the jumble,



And here it is edited down and tidied - I like to sort the fabrics by value to see if I have all the bases covered - I don't want all the same values... You can see the Treasured Notions book by Kaari Meng at the top...


Now here I have started laying things out and have cut pieces from the fabrics.


And another view...


Tonight I'll take this to our Quilting Group and work on it there - I'm excited to see it all pull together!
And here's a look at what I did yesterday. I gathered up all my bits of driftwood I have collected over the past few years and fashioned a sort of trellis/fence thing for my herb garden. I love it and can't wait to see all sorts of things twining all around it - Sweet Peas might very charming!



Happy Artful Thursday to all of you!
                                                

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the inspiration board!! I will have to pick up the book you mentioned, look fantastic! And I LOVE what you did with the drift wood. So creative! It looks amazing!

paperbird said...

it all looks wonderful and what a fun book that I will have to order. have a great day.

Maggie said...

You come up with the cutest things Jill....I look forward to seeing what you will come up with next. You are such a talented little miss. hugs