Monday, June 7, 2010

Almost Inspired

I have been puttering along on my Inspiration Board and it's almost finished - the only thing left to figure out is what to do with the clip. I have lots of ideas, most of which would be perfect if this was meant to stay intact. But it isn't and so I am still pondering...


Here's a view of the whole thing. Nothing on this board is permanently attached; it's all basted or pinned so when I want to use any of the components it will be easy to dismantle it. I even laced the back the way you do it for framing needlework so with just a few snips with scissors I can remove the whole thing.


Here's a close-up showing some of the detail. The photos are not the greatest but I am out of time for fiddling today! The threads were wrapped around two fingers, then a twist around the middle and they are also held on with a pin.

More detail...


I have had lots of ideas running through my head since working on this. The idea of the Inspiration Board is to include elements that you would like to combine into a single project with the intention of either using the actual items as a design element, or letting the item(s) represent one. For example, I might use the buttons on this board in my project, or I might look for something that draws on the colour, shape and/or texture of said button. It might be a picture, piece of fabric, ribbon, found object - anything at all really, that as an object, works in your project.

But then... I thought it might be fun to make these as a permanent piece of art - they could be themed as in "By the Shore" with all manner of elements that represent the colours, shapes and textures of sand, shells, water, sky and wood - or a holiday, like Christmas or Hallowe'en...

I can see several of these in my future and with different sizes of clipboards available I can make them as simple or as complex, as temporary or as permanent as I wish. I can just see a row of them hanging on the wall in my Sewing Room...

3 comments:

Madame Samm said...

YOU are my new inspirational blog...your colours, your work even your cat...how lovely you and them are...
blessings madame samm

Maggie said...

Thank you once again for sharing your inspirational board with me........I can always count on you.......to give me some ideas.
hugs
Maggie

Becca said...

Ooo Orange cats and fabric, to of my most favorite things! Diane from Diane Knott's Musings said to come over for a visit, and I"m so glad I did! Have a happy day!