Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers and Mothering


Mother's Day has always been special to me because I have the best Mom in the whole wide world. She has taught me a lot of things that have stood me well over the years but the real reason she is the best is because she loves me.

And of course, that means everything.

I was remembering in elementary school when we would make something special for our moms - I always hoped it wouldn't have to have writing on it as my penmanship was not good, not good at all no matter how much I laboured over it.

So today I went back in time and made something special to take to her tonight...



A little lavender-scented crazy quilted heart with my favourite hand stitching. I even stitched a little tag and yes, I struggled. It seems the medium doesn't make a difference!


And here's a view of the back - I was so happy when I found the little heart buttons.

Today is also a day I reflect on my own children; what our relationship means to me and of course, what it might mean to them. I was so happy when I became a mother and have been grateful everyday for what they have brought to my life. They have made me happier, kinder, and smarter than I believed I had the capacity for but most of all, they make me aware; aware of the gift and beauty of life and love.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Jill you said if anyone wants to use the photo from your blog to e-mail you.......I am interested in taking a photo copy of your crazy quilted heart, so I can make some for gifts, or something like it.....with your permission of course. E-mail me at swpeasm@sunwave.net Thanks....I love it!!!
Margaret Magri