Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Room With A View

Yesterday I was working away in my sewing room, getting this ready for the Friday's Demo (amongst many other items that are nowhere near this far along)...


and all day I could hear the buzzing of chainsaws and power saws. I was thinking there must be a new house being built somewhere nearby, or serious renovations on an old one. The noise eventually became tiresome so I shut the window and blocked it out.

Last night, while getting the extra petals ready for said project, I happened to look out the window and this appeared, right before my very eyes...


I used to have a marginal, fragmented view of the lake, and only if I wedged myself into one corner; now, I can stand in front of the window and see this!

Yesterday afternoon, three neighbors across the street worked together to remove several trees that had deteriorated over the past few years and would be in serious danger of being blown over in a wind storm. And now I have a view.

So first thing this morning I happily rearranged my sewing room and parked my cutting table (which is also my preferred work surface) right in front of the window. Now all I have to do is lift my head and I am inspired...


No comments: