Friday, February 5, 2010

An Affair of the Heart


Rebecca Sower (http://rebeccasower.typepad.com/) has suggested on her blog that we have "heart sessions" on our own blogs where we post pictures of hearts with a few love-themed words. I love the idea so here is my first contribution...

"And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, so eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!"

Lord Byron



I made this ornament many years ago after seeing a photo of a similar angel in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. There was no pattern, nor indication of size so I played around a bit on paper and came up with this little angel. Her dress is a heart shaped piece of fabric edged with lace and sewn all over with tiny buttons. Her wings are a larger heart that is lightly quilted and her halo is a twist of dried grapevine.

I can't count how many of these I have made over the years but this little "blue" angel was always my favourite so I kept her. And each year she has a place of honour on my Christmas Tree.

1 comment:

bad penny said...

a lovely heart Angel and the qoute from Byron is perfect.
Thanks for your comment on my hearts