Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Playing Around

As you can see I have been playing around with the look of the blog - again!

I don't think it's an identity crisis; even though I really liked the photo of the quilt I used in the previous background it was too dark to see the blog title. And grey seems soothing to me now...

The new blog title photo is of a little felt flower I was working on this morning. I am trying to figure out different ways of embroidering on them and this is the first attempt. Well, not really. How about third version of the first attempt? Anyway, it's fun to finally have a chance to play.

The reason I have some free time right now is that I finished another sample for the store. Below is a detail shot of the quilting on the Scrappy Hearts runner from the last post. Yep that's right, quilted and bound and ready for delivery. I did a meandering stipple that every so often becomes a little heart and as there are only a few sprinkled across the surface it isn't nauseating. At least I don't think so...


And here's a shot of the whole thing, with the binding. I am really happy with this one. It actually turned out as I expected (probably should read "hoped"!) and it even fits the table perfectly.


I think I may have to try more red & white projects.

When I am finished with the felt that is...

No comments: