Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Tis the Season!

I thought my blog should have a festive look in honour of the Season!

I made this little ornament years ago while living in the Yukon - I was always on the lookout for ideas for my annual sale and found this in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. My good friend Charmaine and I spent a wonderful day crafting these little bear angels from homemade salt dough and what fun we had! Of course I had to keep my favourite...


I also promised to post some pictures from my bookbinding experience and thought I would start with these ... the first image is the inside cover - I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to make the bookplate as I was more than hopeless on the computer, but as this book was to be my Daily Thanks Journal I thought the quote was perfect and wanted it in there! (If you click on the image you will see an enlarged version.)

The outside of the book cover is fabric with a proper book cloth spine and the inside covers are hand made flower paper. I folded and sewed the signatures by hand and then added a ribbon for the closure (there is a button on the outside of the front cover).

Inside Cover


Front Cover

I have almost worked out how to construct my quilted art journal for the upcoming class (at least in my head that is!) and have made the first fabric page - and it came out exactly as I expected. Now I just have to make more! And of course, figure out the cover. And think of a quote for the bookplate. And design the bookplate. And, and, and....


No comments: