Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Tis the Season

Have you ever had something turn out better than you expected? It happens to me a lot, and the stocking below is a fine example of that! I wanted it be plain, but not too plain, floralish but not flowery, and small but not miniature - diminutive was what I had in mind.


Every Christmas I hang this little guy on the post of a brass lamp I have - it's an old fashioned looking one and the stocking looks perfect. Nothing has ever been found in it on Christmas morning even though I look hopefully every year - maybe this year I will surprise myself!

In looking for inspiration I have been wandering around in cyberspace and looking at other blogs - it is absolutely amazing to me what people create. I am adding a button for the "Where Women Create" blog which has a fabulous give-away on now; you really must check it out! I am also adding a link for a blog I found called Lilybean's Paperie. Melissa is the designer and paper is her medium and her work is simply lovely - just so inspiring.

Check them both out and see if you don't agree!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Love your xmas stocking that is soooooo cute!!!what a great way to use up some scraps....