Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rouenneries

I've been playing with fabric lately. Not really an unusual thing for me to be caught doing, but the fabrics are a bit different from what you would normally find me pawing, patting or petting.

I am inspired by all things French these days. After all, it is a lovely country and full of inspirational items. But what is really inspiring is the new fabric line from French General, "Rouenneries". It is full of red, pink, grey and beige so in a sense, it is a monochromatic fabric line. Not a typical thing for Moda to do, but nonetheless a beautiful range of fabrics. And what to put with it, you ask? Why toile, of course!

And that is what I have been playing with.



These are just a few of the toile-type fabrics I have in my cupboard - there are many, many more I need to dig for. I have been collecting them for years, never quite sure of what I would do with them but that didn't hold me back - or my wallet! And I have seen a few lately that I may need to go back for...

Below is a piece of the linen-cotton blend from the Rouenneries line, as well as the charm pack. I have a few ideas and have done a sketch or two.


I have also dug out some beautiful antique carved mother-of-pearl flower buttons from Paris that will need to be taken into account in any design ideas. The colour of them is perfect with this fabric and my mind is whirling with ideas.

I can't wait to get started!

No comments: